Saturday, October 13, 2007

Rypien, NHL 08, Poland, Thanksgiving ...



It's been a long time since last I posted a blog. Alas I'm back.

Boy was I a happy camper. I had the night off. The Canucks were on sportsnet west. And Rick Rypien got the call to come and play with the big boys finally. After all his injury woes and not making the cut after the preseason. He got his chance and made it count. 1G, 1A. Out of all the guys that didn't make the cut... I was truly disappointed that Rypster didn't get the call. But all good things come to those who wait.

5-2 Canucks over the Oilers.

So the NHL is in full swing. There has already been two major suspensions. Crosby with only 2 points. Spezza with 10A. And finally the Flames won a game, thanks to Brendan Morrow.

I'm only in one pool this year and I currently sit a distant second to Lane, due to his insane picks... that has given a good 20 point lead. Who would of thought Stastny?

Mentioning suspensions... Steve Dowine was suspended for his hit on Dean Mcammond(20 games) and Jesse Boulerice for his cross check to Ryan Kesler (25 games). I think the suspension was fair. But I feel that Boulerice should of gotten more. If the NHL wants to make a bold statement.. they should of slapped the guy with 40 games... Yes thats pretty much half the season, but maybe guys would think long and hard about using their sticks as weapons. This might sound a little bias due to the face that this happen to one of my favorite Canucks... But someone has to be made the example and it might as well of been Boulerice. They even could of done that with Bertuzzi and I love that guy. I'm sure 25 games is a lot but why not stick it to all thsoe guys who have little talent and forget how privledge they are to be playing professional hockey as a living.

This time next week I will be travelling over the Atlantic Ocean heading towards Krakow, Poland. It will be the first time my feet will ever touch European soil. I'm really excited. I don't know what to expect. All I know is that I can't wait for 5:55pm on Friday October 19th...

Thanksgiving was a blast. My uncles farm had some many random filipino redneck moments. Samurai swords, Army style rifles, goats, pigs and an H2. I hope to get the pictures soon from my cousins...

I'm so tired, thats it for now... I'm out.

No comments: