Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas woes & yahoos! Today I ate in the lunch room and I ate my feelings.

The storm is finally finished and I am in the homestretch of the '06 year. Semester one of Year 2 of my Bachelor of Theology adventure is done. I really don't know how I got through it all. Not one single paper or assignment handed in late. I can't admit that all of the assignments I handed in were given full effort but my grades should reflect how lucky I am or how blessed I am to have such gracious professors.

The Christmas Holiday is finally upon us. Students have treked home for the holidays. Some have left for distant vacations spots like the Dominican Repubic or gone home to Africa (I wish sometimes i was a missionary kid). I have no destination but work. Work, work, work. I am reminded of Proverbs 6:4 "Give no sleep to your eyes, Nor slumber to your eyelids" (NASB) I have decided to fill this down time before the new semester with work. Most people after a storm would rather rest and take refuge in a little bit of couch surfing. But I have taken it upon myself to work right through till the first day of semester 2.

As for Christmas, it is a time to rejoice and "come and adore thee". But for me, I've never in my twenty five years of exsistence desire to have Christmas. Maybe when I was seven and desired to have the nintento that every kid on the block had before I did. But to my recollection, I cannot remember a time that I ever wanted Christmas like some of my peers were openly expressing. But I think that Christmas is embraced by two diffrent kinds of people. The kind of people that can't wait for Christmas to get here and wish it never left. And the other type of person who can't wait for the tinsel to just disappear and let the pop Christmas music to fade into oblivion.

I fall with the woes of Christmas. I've never enjoyed it and I don't know if I ever will? I have had my moments but never lasting and impacting moments that I would want to recreate every year. It will be hard to get through these next few weeks. I will welcome the grind of school again. Some would say I'm crazy to say that. But I will enjoy the few moments of air I have for now. But I'm looking forward to getting back on the grinding stone.

No comments: