Saturday, March 17, 2007

When it rains it pours

I could be wrong, I could be ready
But if I take my heart's advice
I should assume it's still unsteady
I am in repair - John Mayer

I've lost my inspiration. Just like water turned to vapor, my words depart from my mouth. The western sun shines bright, clouds part and again the snow begins to melt. I should take a walk. Take in the fresh air and look down the path to better days. But as the rain pours, you can only see the cluster of water that collects at your window, you feel the soaked socks on the tip of your toes and you begin to smell the damp air that lingers like a ghost you can't seem to let go. The tiny hairs down the side of my forearm begin to stand tall as the cold draft of this March night takes its place. I can't believe its midnight, it came too fast.

So as the rain continues to pour I will continue to pray. Because if there is something I've learned from the Pacific Sun is that "It can't rain all the time".

No comments: