Thursday, March 29, 2007

Having fun in the Mud

Clyde

I've always looked at playing in the mud as something you do as a child. As an adult playing in the mud seems like a whole lot of cleaning and nonsense. But kids do it all the time and parents at times let their little ones do so. In my case, our spring ministry team from ABC went out to Clyde, AB to spend 5 days having fun in the mud.

As I sit back and reflect back on my trip with the team (Jordan K, Aaron P, Corwin F, Linda S & Leah M.) The feeling I have right now is probably as close I will get till I become a father. I am so very proud and astatic of what a wonderful job they did there in Clyde. All praise goes to God for the tangible rewards and the intangible rewards that came along the way in 5 days we spent there. They got dirty, they welcome the stretches in their comfort zones and persevered when pushed. As the leader they made my job easy to do. I am so very proud to have lead a team that grew, sought out God in challenging times and modeled Christ attitude. God took a good mix of personalities and pushed and pulled to make them united. I give all credit to God for this trip and experience and I know that each individual will come out of it as a better person for it.

Something I will always remember because of the trip & Aaron Patton:

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!"
(Rocky Balboa)

No comments: